3.141 . And that Allah may prove those who believe , and may blight the disbelievers .
3. 3.142 . Or deemed ye that ye would enter Paradise while yet Allah knoweth not those of you who really strive , nor knoweth those ( of you ) who are steadfast?
3. 3.143 . And verily ye used to wish for death before ye met it ( in the field ) . Now ye have seen it with your eyes!
3. 3.144 . Muhammad is but a messenger , messengers ( the like of whom ) have passed away before him . Will it be that , when he dieth or is slain , ye will turn back on your heels? He who turneth back doth no hurt to Allah , and Allah will reward the thankful .
3. 3.145 . No soul can ever die except by Allah ' s leave and at a term appointed . Whoso desireth the reward of the world , We bestow on him thereof ; and whoso desireth the reward of the Hereafter , thankful . We bestow on him thereof . We shall reward the
3. 3.146 . And with how many a prophet have there been a number of devoted men who fought ( beside him ) . They quailed not for aught that befell them in the way of Allah , nor did they weaken , nor were they brought low . Allah loveth the steadfast .
3. 3.147 . Their cry was only that they said : Our Lord! Forgive us for our sins and wasted efforts , make our foothold sure , and give us victory over the disbelieving folk .
3. 3.148 . So Allah gave them the reward of the world and the good reward of the Hereafter . Allah loveth those whose deeds are good .
3. 3.149 . O ye who believe! If ye obey those who disbelieve , they will make you turn back on your heels , and ye turn back as losers .
3. 3.150 . But Allah is your Protector , and He is the best of helpers .