7.71 . He said : Terror and wrath from your Lord have already fallen on you . Would ye wrangle with me over names which ye have named , ye and your fathers , for which no warrant from Allah hath been revealed? Then await ( the consequence ) , Lo! I ( also ) am of those awaiting ( it ) .
7. 7.72 . And We saved him and those with him by a mercy from Us , and We cut the root of those who denied Our revelations and were not believers .
7. 7.73 . And to ( the tribe of ) Thamud ( We sent ) their brother Salih . He said : O my people! Serve Allah . Ye have no other God save Him . A wonder from your Lord hath come unto you . Lo! this is the camel of Allah , a token unto you ; so let her feed in Allah ' s earth , and touch her not with hurt lest painful torment seize you .
7. 7.74 . And remember how He made you viceroys after Aad and gave you station in the earth . Ye choose castles in the plains and hew the mountains into dwellings . So remember ( all ) the bounties of Allah and do not evil , making mischief in the earth .
7. 7.75 . The chieftains of his people , who were scornful , said unto those whom they despised , unto such of them as believed : Know ye that Salih is one sent from his Lord? They said : Lo! In that wherewith he hath been sent we are believers .
7. 7.76 . Those who were scornful said : Lo! in that which ye believe we are disbelievers .
7. 7.77 . So they hamstrung the she camel , and they flouted the commandment of their Lord , and they said : O Salih! Bring upon us that thou threatenest if thou art indeed of those sent ( from Allah ) .
7. 7.78 . So the earthquake seized them , and morning found them prostrate in their dwelling place .
7. 7.79 . And Salih turned on them and said : O my people! I delivered my Lord ' s message unto you and gave you good advice , but ye love not good advisers .
7. 7.80 . And Lo! ( Remember ) when he said unto his folk : Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?