7.171 . And when We shook the Mount above them as it were a covering , and they supposed that it was going to fall upon them ( and We said ) : Hold fast that which We have given you , and remember that which is therein , that ye may ward off ( evil ) .
7. 7.172 . And ( remember ) when thy Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam , from their reins , their seed , and made them testify of themselves , ( saying ) : Am I not your Lord? They said : Yea , verily . We testify . ( That was ) lest ye should say at the Day of Resurrection : Lo! of this we were unaware ;
7. 7.173 . Or lest ye should say : ( It is ) only ( that ) our fathers ascribed partners to Allah of old and we were ( their ) seed after them . Wilt Thou destroy us on account of that which those who follow falsehood did?
7. 7.174 . Thus We detail Our revelations , that haply they may return .
7. 7.175 . Recite unto them the tale of him to whom We gave Our revelations , but he sloughed them off , so Satan overtook him and he became of those who lead astray .
7. 7.176 . And had We willed We could have raised him by their means , but he clung to the earth and followed his own lust . Therefor his likeness is as the likeness of a dog ; if thou attackest him he panteth with his tongue out , and if thou leavest him he panteth with his tongue out . Such is the likeness of the , people who deny Our revelations . Narrate unto them the history ( of the men of old ) , that haply they may take thought .
7. 7.177 . Evil as an example are the folk who denied Our revelations , and were wont to wrong themselves .
7. 7.178 . He who Allah leadeth , he indeed is led aright , while he whom Allah sendeth astray they indeed are losers .
7. 7.179 . Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind , having hearts wherewith they understand not , and having eyes wherewith they see not , and having ears wherewith they hear not . These are as the cattle nay , but they are worse! These are the neglectful .
7. 7.180 . Allah ' s are the fairest names . Invoke Him by them . And leave the company of those who blaspheme His names . They will be requited what they do .