4.81 . And they say : ( It is ) obedience ; but when they have gone forth from thee a party of them spend the night in planning other than what thou sayest . Allah recordeth what they plan by night . So oppose them and put thy trust in Allah . Allah is sufficient as Trustee .
4. 4.82 . Will they not then ponder on the Qur ' an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity .
4. 4.83 . And if any tidings , whether of safety or fear , come unto them , they noise it abroad , whereas if they had referred it to the messenger and such of them as are in authority , those among them who are able to think out the matter would have known it . If it had not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy ye would have followed Satan , save a few ( of you ) .
4. 4.84 . So fight ( O Muhammad ) in the way of Allah Thou art not taxed ( with the responsibility for anyone ) except for thyself and urge on the believers . Peradventure Allah will restrain the might of those who disbelieve . Allah is stronger in might and stronger in inflicting punishment .
4. 4.85 . Whoso interveneth in a good cause will have the reward thereof , and whoso interveneth in an evil cause will bear the consequence thereof . Allah overseeth all things .
4. 4.86 . When ye are greeted with a greeting , greet ye with a better than it or return it . Lo! Allah taketh count of all things .
4. 4.87 . Allah! There is no God save Him . He gathereth you all unto a Day of Resurrection whereof there is no doubt . Who is more true in statement than Allah?
4. 4.88 . What aileth you that ye are become two parties regarding the hypocrites , when Allah cast them back ( to disbelief ) because of what they earned? Seek ye to guide him whom Allah hath sent astray? He whom Allah sendeth astray , for him thou ( O Muhammad ) canst not find a road .
4. 4.89 . They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve , that ye may be upon a level ( with them ) . So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah ; if they turn back ( to enmity ) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them , and choose no friend nor helper from among them ,
4. 4.90 . Except those who seek refuge with a people between whom and you there is a covenant , or ( those who ) come unto you because their hearts forbid them to make war on you or make war on their own folk . Had Allah willed He could have given them power over you so that assuredly they would have fought you . So , if they hold aloof from you and wage not war against you and offer you peace , Allah alloweth you no way against them .