4.71 . O ye who believe! Take your precautions , then advance the proven ones , or advance all together .
4. 4.72 . Lo! among you there is he who Loitereth ; and if disaster overtook you , he would say : Allah hath been gracious unto me since I was not present with them
4. 4.73 . And if a bounty from Allah befell you , he would surely cry , as if there had been no love between you and him : Oh , would that I had been with them , then should I have achieved a great success!
4. 4.74 . Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other . Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah , be he slain or be he victorious , on him We shall bestow a vast reward .
4. 4.75 . How should ye not fight for the cause of Allah and of the feeble among men and of the women and the children who are crying : Our Lord! Bring us forth from out this town of which the people are oppressors! Oh , give us from Thy presence some protecting friend! Oh , give us from Thy presence some defender!
4. 4.76 . Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah ; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols . So fight the minions of the devil . Lo! the devil ' s strategy is ever weak .
4. 4.77 . Hast thou not seen those unto whom it was said : Withhold your hands , establish worship and pay the poor due , but when fighting was prescribed for them behold , a party of them fear mankind even as their fear of Allah or with greater fear , and say : Our Lord! Why hast thou ordained fighting for us? If only Thou wouldst give us respite yet a while! Say ( unto them , O Muhammad ) : The comfort of this world is scant ; the Hereafter will be better for him who wardeth off ( evil ) ; and ye will not be wronged the down upon a date stone .
4. 4.78 . Wheresoever ye may be , death will overtake you , even though ye were in lofty towers . Yet if a happy thing befalleth them they say : This is from Allah ; and if an evil thing befalleth them they say : This is of thy doing ( O Muhammad ) . Say ( unto them ) : All is from Allah . What is amiss with these people that they come not nigh to understand a happening?
4. 4.79 . Whatever of good befalleth thee ( O man ) it is from Allah , and whatever of ill befalleth thee it is from thyself . We have sent thee ( Muhammad ) as a messenger unto mankind and Allah is sufficient as witness .
4. 4.80 . Whoso obeyeth the messenger obeyeth Allah , and whoso turneth away : We have not sent thee as a warder over them .