4.41 . But how ( will it be with them ) when we bring of every people a witness , and We bring thee ( O Muhammad ) a witness against these?
4. 4.42 . On that day those who disbelieved and disobeyed the messenger will wish that they were level with the ground , and they can hide no fact from Allah .
4. 4.43 . O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken , till ye know that which ye utter , nor when ye are polluted , save when journeying upon the road , till ye have bathed . And if ye be ill , or on a journey , or one of you cometh from the closet , or ye have touched women , and ye and not water , than go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands ( therewith ) . Lo! Allah is Benign , Forgiving .
4. 4.44 . Seest thou not those unto whom a portion of the Scripture hath been given , how they purchase error , and seek to make you ( Muslims ) err from the right way?
4. 4.45 . Allah knoweth best ( who are ) your enemies . Allah is sufficient as a Friend , and Allah is sufficient as a Helper .
4. 4.46 . Some of those who are Jews change words from their context and say : "We hear and disobey ; hear thou as one who heareth not" and "Listen to us!" distorting with their tongues and slandering religion . If they had said : "We hear and we obey ; hear thou , and look at us" it had been better for them , and more upright . But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief , so they believe not , save a few .
4. 4.47 . O ye unto whom the Scripture hath been given! Believe in what We have revealed concerning that which ye possess , before We destroy countenances so as to confound them , or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath breakers ( of old time ) . The commandment of Allah is always executed .
4. 4.48 . Lo! Allah forgiveth not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him . He forgiveth ( all ) save that to whom He will . Whoso ascribeth partners to Allah , he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin .
4. 4.49 . Hast thou not seen those who praise themselves for purity? Nay , Allah purifieth whom He will , and they will not be wronged even the hair upon a date stone .
4. 4.50 . See , how they invent lies about Allah! That of itself is flagrant sin .