4.31 . If ye avoid the great ( things ) which ye are forbidden , We will remit from you your evil deeds and make you enter at a noble gate .
4. 4.32 . And covet not the thing in which Allah hath made some of you excel others . Unto men a fortune from that which they have earned , and unto women a fortune from that which they have earned . ( Envy not one another ) but ask Allah of His bounty . Lo! Allah is ever Knower of all things .
4. 4.33 . And unto each We have appointed heirs of that which parents and near kindred leave ; and as for those with whom your right hands have made a covenant , give them their due . Lo! Allah is ever fitness over all things .
4. 4.34 . Men are in charge of women , because Allah hath men the one of them to excel the other , and because they spend of their property ( for the support of women ) . So good women are the obedient , guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded . As for those from whom ye fear rebellion , admonish them and banish them to beds apart , and scourge them . Then if they obey you , seek not a way against them . Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted , Great .
4. 4.35 . And if ye fear a breech between them twain ( the man and wife ) , appoint an arbiter from his folk and an arbiter from her folk . If they desire amendment Allah will make them of one mind . Lo! Allah is ever Knower , Aware .
4. 4.36 . And serve Allah . Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him . ( Show ) kindness unto parents , and unto near kindred , and orphans , and the needy , and into the neighbor who is of kin ( unto you ) and the neighbor who is not of kin and the fellow traveller and the wayfarer and ( the slaves ) whom your right hands possess . Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud and boastful ,
4. 4.37 . Who hoard their wealth and enjoin avarice on others , and hide that which Allah hath bestowed upon them of His bounty . For disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom ;
4. 4.38 . And ( also ) those who spend their wealth in order to be seen of men , and believe not in Allah nor the Last Day . Whoso taketh Satan for a comrade , a bad comrade hath he .
4. 4.39 . What have they ( to fear ) if they believe in Allah and the Last Day and spend ( aright ) of that which Allah hath bestowed upon them , when Allah is ever Aware of them ( and all they do ) ?
4. 4.40 . Lo! Allah wrongeth not even of the weight of an ant ; and if there is a good deed , He will double it and will give ( the doer ) from His presence an immense reward .