4.151 . Such are disbelievers in truth ; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom .
4. 4.152 . But those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of them , unto them Allah will give their wages ; and Allah was ever Forgiving , Merciful .
4. 4.153 . The People of the Scripture ask of thee that thou shouldst cause an ( actual ) Book to descend upon them from heaven . They asked a greater thing of Moses aforetime , for they said : Show us Allah plainly . The storm of lightning seized them for their wickedness . Then ( even after that ) they chose the calf ( for worship ) after clear proofs ( of Allah ' s Sovereignty ) had come unto them . And We forgave them that! And We bestowed on Moses evident authority .
4. 4.154 . And We caused the Mount to tower above them at ( the taking of ) their covenant : and We bade them : Enter the gate , prostrate! and we bade them : Transgress not the Sabbath! and We took from them a firm covenant .
4. 4.155 . Then because of their breaking of their covenant , and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah , and their slaying of the Prophets wrongfully , and their saying : Our hearts are hardened Nay , but Allah hath set a seal upon them for their disbelief , so that they believe not save a few
4. 4.156 . And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny ;
4. 4.157 . And because of their saying : We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary , Allah ' s messenger They slew him not nor crucified , but it appeared so unto them ; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof ; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture ; they slew him not for certain ,
4. 4.158 . But Allah took him up unto Himself . Allah was ever Mighty , wise .
4. 4.159 . There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death , and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them
4. 4.160 . Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were ( before ) made lawful unto them , and because of their much hindering from Allah ' s way ,