71.1 . Lo! We sent Noah unto his people ( saying ) : Warn thy people ere the painful doom come unto them .
71. 71.2 . He said : O my people! Lo! I am a plain warner unto you
71. 71.3 . ( Bidding you ) : Serve Allah and keep your duty unto Him and obey me ,
71. 71.4 . That He may forgive you somewhat of your sins and respite you to an appointed term . Lo! the term of Allah , when it cometh , cannot be delayed , if ye but knew .
71. 71.5 . He said : My Lord! Lo! I have called unto my people night and day
71. 71.6 . But all my calling doth but add to their repugnance ;
71. 71.7 . And lo ! whenever I call unto them that Thou mayest pardon them they thrust their fingers in their ears and cover themselves with their garments and persist ( in their refusal ) and magnify themselves in pride .
71. 71.8 . And lo! I have called unto them aloud ,
71. 71.9 . And lo! I have made public proclamation unto them , and I have appealed to them in private .
71. 71.10 . And I have said : Seek pardon of your Lord Lo! He was ever Forgiving .