63.1 . When the hypocrites come unto thee ( O Muhammad ) , they say : We bear witness that thou art indeed Allah ' s messenger . And Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His messenger , and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are speaking falsely .
63. 63.2 . They make their faith a pretext that they may turn ( men ) from the way of Allah . Verily evil is that which they are wont to do ,
63. 63.3 . That is because they believed , then disbelieved , therefore their hearts are sealed so that they understand not .
63. 63.4 . And when thou seest them their figures please thee ; and if they speak thou givest ear unto their speech . ( They are ) as though they were blocks of wood in striped cloaks . They deem every shout to be against them . They are the enemy , so beware of them . Allah confound them! How they are perverted!
63. 63.5 . And when it is said unto them : Come! The messenger of Allah will ask forgiveness for you! they avert their faces and thou seest them turning away , disdainful .
63. 63.6 . Whether thou ask forgiveness for them or ask not forgiveness for them , Allah will not forgive them . Lo! Allah guideth not the evil living folk .
63. 63.7 . They it is who say : Spend not on behalf of those ( who dwell ) with Allah ' s messenger that they may disperse ( and go away from you ) ; when Allah ' s are the treasures of the heavens and the earth ; but the hypocrites comprehend not .
63. 63.8 . They say : Surely , if we return to Al Madinah the mightier will soon drive out the weaker ; when might belongeth to Allah and to His messenger and the believers ; but the hypocrites know not .
63. 63.9 . O ye who believe! Let not your wealth nor your children distract you from remembrance of Allah . Those who do so , they are the losers .
63. 63.10 . And spend of that wherewith We have provided you before death cometh unto one of you and he saith : My Lord! If only thou wouldst reprieve me for a little while , then I would give alms and be among the righteous .