60.1 . O ye who believe! Choose not My enemy and your enemy for friends . Do ye give them friendship when they disbelieve in that truth which hath come unto you , driving out the messenger and you because ye believe in Allah , your Lord? If ye have come forth to strive in My way and seeking My good pleasure , ( show them not friendship ) . Do ye show friendship unto them in secret , when I am best Aware of what ye hide and what ye proclaim? And whosoever doeth it among you , be verily hath strayed from the right way .
60. 60.2 . If they have the upper hand of you , they will be your foes , and will stretch out their hands and their tongues toward you with evil ( intent ) , and they long for you to disbelieve .
60. 60.3 . Your ties of kindred and your children will avail you naught upon the Day of Resurrection . He will part you . Allah is Seer of what ye do .
60. 60.4 . There is a goodly pattern for you Abraham and those with him , when they told their folk ; Lo! we are guiltless of you and all that ye worship beside Allah . We have done with you . And there hath arisen between us and you hostility and hate for ever until ye believe in Allah only save that which Abraham promised his father ( when he said ) : I will ask forgiveness for thee , though I own nothing for thee from Allah Our Lord! In Thee we put our trust , and unto Thee we turn repentant , and unto Thee is the journeying .
60. 60.5 . Our Lord! Make us not a prey for those who disbelieve , and forgive us , our Lord! Lo! Thou , only Thou , art the Mighty , the Wise .
60. 60.6 . Verily ye have in them a goodly pattern for everyone who looketh to Allah and the Last Day . And whosoever may turn away , lo! still Allah , He is the Absolute , the Owner of Praise .
60. 60.7 . It may be that Allah will ordain love between you and those of them with whom ye are at enmity . Allah is Mighty , and Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .
60. 60.8 . Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes , that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them . Lo ! Allah loveth the just dealers .
60. 60.9 . Allah forbiddeth you only those who warred against you on account of religion and have driven you out from your homes and helped to drive you out , that ye make friends of them . Whosoever maketh friends of them ( All ) such are wrong doers .
60. 60.10 . O ye who believe! When believing women come unto you as fugitives , examine them . Allah is best aware of their faith . Then , if ye know them for true believers , send them not back unto the disbelievers . They are not lawful for the disbelievers , nor are the disbelievers lawful for them . And give the disbelievers that which they have spent ( upon them ) . And it is no sin for you to marry such women when ye have given them their dues . And hold not to the ties of disbelieving women ; and ask for ( the return of ) that which ye have spent ; and let the disbelievers ask for that which they have spent . That is the judgment of Allah . He judgeth between you . Allah is Knower , Wise .