6.1 . Praise be to Allah , Who hath created the heavens and the earth , and hath appointed darkness and light . Yet those who disbelieve ascribe rivals unto their Lord .
6. 6.2 . He it is Who hath created you from clay , and hath decreed a term for you . A term is fixed with Him . Yet still ye doubt!
6. 6.3 . He is Allah in the heavens and in the earth . He knoweth both your secret and your utterance , and He knoweth what ye earn .
6. 6.4 . Never came there unto them a revelation of the revelations of Allah but they did turn away from it .
6. 6.5 . And they denied the truth when it came unto them . But there will come unto them the tidings of that which they used to deride .
6. 6.6 . See they not how many a generation We destroyed before them , whom We had established in the earth more firmly than We have established you , and We shed on them abundant showers from the sky , and made the rivers flow beneath them . Yet We destroyed them for their sins , and created after them another generation
6. 6.7 . Had we sent down unto thee ( Muhammad ) ( actual ) writing upon parchment , so that they could feel it with their hands , those who disbelieve would have said : This is naught else than mere magic .
6. 6.8 . They say : Why hath not an angel been sent down unto him? If We sent down an angel , then the matter would be judged ; no further time would be allowed them ( for reflection ) .
6. 6.9 . Had We appointed an angel ( Our messenger ) , We assuredly had made him ( as ) a man ( that he might speak to men ) ; and ( thus ) obscured for them ( the truth ) they ( now ) obscure .
6. 6.10 . Messengers ( of Allah ) have been derided before thee , but that whereat they scoffed surrounded such of them as did deride .