59.1 . All that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth glorifieth Allah , and He is the Mighty , the Wise .
59. 59.2 . He it is Who hath caused those of the People of the Scripture who disbelieved to go forth from their homes unto the first exile . Ye deemed not that they would go forth , while they deemed that their strongholds would protect them from Allah . But Allah reached them from a place whereof they reckoned not , and cast terror in their hearts so that they ruined their houses with their own hands and the hands of the believers . So learn a lesson , O ye who have eyes!
59. 59.3 . And if Allah had not decreed migration for them , He verily would have punished them in this world , and theirs in the Hereafter is the punishment of the Fire .
59. 59.4 . That is because they were opposed to Allah and His messenger ; and whoso is opposed to Allah , ( for him ) verily Allah is stern in reprisal .
59. 59.5 . Whatsoever palm trees ye cut down or left standing on their roots , it was by Allah ' s leave , in order that He might confound the evil livers .
59. 59.6 . And that which Allah gave as spoil unto His messenger from them , ye urged not any horse or riding camel for the sake thereof , but Allah giveth His messenger lordship over whom He will . Allah is Able to do all things .
59. 59.7 . That which Allah giveth as spoil unto His messenger from the people of the townships , it is for Allah and His messenger and for the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer , that it become not a commodity between the rich among you . And whatsoever the messenger giveth you , take it . And whatsoever he forbiddeth , abstain ( from it ) . And keep your duty to Allah . Lo! Allah is stern in reprisal .
59. 59.8 . And ( it is ) for the poor fugitives who have been driven out from their homes and their belongings , who seek bounty from Allah and help Allah and His messenger . They are the loyal .
59. 59.9 . Those who entered the city and the faith before them love these who flee unto them for refuge , and find in their breasts no need for that which hath been given them , but prefer ( the fugitives ) above themselves though poverty become their lot . And whoso is saved from his own avarice such are they who are successful .
59. 59.10 . And those who came ( into the faith ) after them say : Our Lord Forgive us and our brethren who were before us in the faith , and place not in our hearts any rancor toward those who believe . Our Lord! Thou art Full of Pity , Merciful .