49.1 . O ye who believe! Be not forward in the presence of Allah and His messenger , and keep your duty to Allah . Lo! Allah is Hearer , Knower .
49. 49.2 . O ye who believe! Lift not up your voices above the voice of the Prophet , nor shout when speaking to him as ye shout one to another , lest your works be rendered vain while ye perceive not .
49. 49.3 . Lo! they who subdue their voices in the presence of the messenger of Allah , those are they whose hearts Allah hath proven unto righteousness . Theirs will be forgiveness and immense reward .
49. 49.4 . Lo! those who call thee from behind the private apartment , most of them have no sense .
49. 49.5 . And if they had patience till thou camest forth unto them , it had been better for them . And Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .
49. 49.6 . O ye who believe! If an evil liver bring you tidings , verify it , lest ye smite some folk in ignorance and afterward repent of what ye did .
49. 49.7 . And know that the messenger of Allah is among you . If he were to obey you in much of the government , ye would surely be in trouble ; but Allah hath endeared the faith to you and hath beautified it in your hearts , and hath made disbelief and lewdness and rebellion hateful unto you . Such are they who are rightly guided .
49. 49.8 . ( It is ) a bounty and a grace from Allah ; and Allah is Knower , Wise .
49. 49.9 . And if two parties of believers fall to fighting , then make peace between them . And if one party of them doeth wrong to the other , fight ye that which doeth wrong till it return unto the ordinance of Allah ; then , if it return , make peace between them justly , and act equitably . Lo! Allah loveth the equitable .
49. 49.10 . The believers are naught else than brothers . Therefore make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to Allah that haply ye may obtain mercy .