42.41 . And whoso defendeth himself after he hath suffered wrong for such , there is no way ( of blame ) against them .
42. 42.42 . The way ( of blame ) is only against those who oppress mankind , and wrongfully rebel in the earth . For such there is a painful doom .
42. 42.43 . And verily whoso is patient and forgiveth , lo! that , verily , is ( of ) the steadfast heart of things .
42. 42.44 . He whom Allah sendeth astray , for him there is no protecting friend after Him . And thou ( Muhammad ) wilt see the evil doers when they see the doom , ( how ) they say : Is there any way of return?
42. 42.45 . And thou wilt see them exposed to ( the Fire ) , made humble by disgrace , and looking with veiled eyes . And those who believe will say : Lo! the ( eternal ) losers are they who lose themselves and their housefolk on the Day of Resurrection . Lo! are not the wrong doers in perpetual torment?
42. 42.46 . And they will have no protecting friends to help them instead of Allah . He whom Allah sendeth astray , for him there is no road .
42. 42.47 . Answer the call of your Lord before there cometh unto you from Allah a Day which there is no averting . Ye have no refuge on that Day , nor have ye any ( power of ) refusal .
42. 42.48 . But if they are averse , We have not sent thee as a warder over them . Thine is only to convey ( the message ) . And lo! when We cause man to taste of mercy from Us he exulteth therefor . And if some evil striketh them because of that which their own hands have sent before , then lo! man is an ingrate .
42. 42.49 . Unto Allah belongeth the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth . He createth what He will . He bestoweth female ( offspring ) upon whom He will , and bestoweth male ( offspring ) upon whom He will ;
42. 42.50 . Or He mingleth them , males and females , and He maketh barren whom He will . Lo! He is Knower , Powerful .