40. 40.2 . The revelation of the Scripture is from Allah , the Mighty , the Knower ,
40. 40.3 . The Forgiver of sin , the Acceptor of repentance , the Stern in punishment , the Bountiful . There is no God save Him . Unto Him is the journeying .
40. 40.4 . None argue concerning the revelations of Allah save those who disbelieve , so let not their turn of fortune in the land deceive thee ( O Muhammad ) .
40. 40.5 . The folk of Noah and the factions after them denied ( their messengers ) before these , and every nation purposed to seize their messenger and argued falsely , ( thinking ) thereby to refute the Truth . Then I seized them , and how ( awful ) was My punishment .
40. 40.6 . Thus was the word of thy Lord concerning those who disbelieve fulfilled : that they are owners of the Fire .
40. 40.7 . Those who bear the Throne , and all who are round about it , hymn the praises of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who believe ( saying ) : Our Lord! Thou comprehendest all things in mercy and knowledge , therefor forgive those who repent and follow Thy way . Ward of from them the punishment of hell .
40. 40.8 . Our Lord! And make them enter the Gardens of Eden which thou hast promised them , with such of their fathers and their wives and their descendants as do right . Lo! Thou , only Thou , art the Mighty , the Wise .
40. 40.9 . And ward off from them ill deeds ; and he from whom Thou wardest off ill deeds that day , him verily hast Thou taken into mercy . That is the supreme triumph .
40. 40.10 . Lo! ( on that day ) those who disbelieve are informed by proclamation : Verily Allah ' s abhorrence is more terrible than your abhorrence one of another , when ye were called unto the faith but did refuse .