4.1 . O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women . Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim ( your rights ) of one another , and toward the wombs ( that bare you ) . Lo! Allah hath been a Watcher over you .
4. 4.2 . Give unto orphans their wealth . Exchange not the good for the bad ( in your management thereof ) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth . Lo! that would be a great sin .
4. 4.3 . And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans , marry of the women , who seem good to you , two or three or four ; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice ( to so many ) then one ( only ) or ( the captives ) that your right hands possess . Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice .
4. 4.4 . And give unto the women , ( whom ye marry ) free gift of their marriage portions ; but if they of their own accord remit unto you a part thereof , then ye are welcome to absorb it ( in your wealth ) .
4. 4.5 . Give not unto the foolish ( what is in ) your ( keeping of their ) wealth , which Allah hath given you to maintain ; but feed and clothe them from it , and speak kindly unto them .
4. 4.6 . Prove orphans till they reach the marriageable age ; then , if ye find them of sound judgment , deliver over unto them their fortune ; and devour it not squandering and in haste lest they should grow up . Whoso ( of the guardians ) is rich , let him abstain generously ( from taking of the property of orphans ) ; and whoso is poor let him take thereof in reason ( for his guardianship ) . And when ye deliver up their fortune unto orphans , have ( the transaction ) witnessed in their presence . Allah sufficeth as a Reckoner .
4. 4.7 . Unto the men ( of a family ) belongeth a share of that which parents and near kindred leave , and unto the women a share of that which parents and near kindred leave , whether it be little or much a legal share .
4. 4.8 . And when kinsfolk and orphans and the needy are present at the devision ( of the heritage ) , bestow on them therefrom and speak kindly unto them .
4. 4.9 . And let those fear ( in their behavior toward orphans ) who if they left behind them weak offspring would be afraid for them . So let them mind their duty to Allah , and speak justly .
4. 4.10 . Lo! Those who devour the wealth of orphans wrongfully , they do but swallow fire into their bellies , and they will be exposed to burning flame .