39.1 . The revelation of the Scripture is from Allah , the Mighty , the Wise .
39. 39.2 . Lo! We have revealed the Scripture unto thee ( Muhammad ) with truth ; so worship Allah , making religion pure for Him ( only ) .
39. 39.3 . Surely Pure religion is for Allah only . And those who choose protecting friends beside Him ( say ) : We worship them only that they may bring us near unto Allah . Lo! Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ . Lo! Allah guideth not him who is a liar , an ingrate .
39. 39.4 . If Allah had willed to choose a son , he could have chosen what he would of that which He hath created . Be He glorified! He is Allah , the One , the Absolute .
39. 39.5 . He hath created the heavens and the earth with truth . He maketh night to succeed day , and He maketh day to succeed night , and He constraineth the sun and the moon to give service , each running on for an appointed term . Is not He the Mighty , the Forgiver?
39. 39.6 . He created you from one being , then from that ( being ) He made its mate ; and He hath provided for you of cattle eight kinds . He created you in the wombs of your mothers , creation after creation , in a threefold gloom . Such is Allah , your Lord . His is the Sovereignty . There is no God save Him . How then are ye turned away?
39. 39.7 . If ye are thankless , yet Allah is Independent of you , though He is not pleased with thanklessness for His bondmen ; and if ye are thankful He is pleased therewith for you . No laden soul will bear another ' s load . Then unto your Lord is your return ; and He will tell you what ye used to do . Lo! He knoweth what is in the breasts ( of men ) .
39. 39.8 . And then some hurt toucheth man , he crieth unto his Lord , turning unto Him ( repentant ) . Then , when He granteth him a boon from Him he forgetteth that for which he cried unto Him before , and setteth up rivals to Allah that he may beguile ( men ) from His way . Say ( O Muhammad , unto such an one ) : Take pleasure in thy disbelief a while . Lo! thou art of the owners of the Fire .
39. 39.9 . Is he who payeth adoration in the watches of the night , prostrate and standing , bewaring of the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord , ( to be accounted equal with a disbeliever ) ? Say ( unto them , O Muhammad ) : Are those who know equal with those who know not? But only men of understanding will pay heed .
39. 39.10 . Say : O My bondmen who believe! Observe your duty to your Lord . For those who do good in this world there is good , and Allah ' s earth is spacious . Verily the steadfast will be paid their wages without stint .