24.1 . ( Here is ) a Surah which We have revealed and enjoined , and wherein We have revealed plain tokens , that haply we may take heed .
24. 24.2 . The adulterer and the adulteress , scourge ye each one of them ( with ) a hundred stripes . And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah , if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day . And let a party of believers witness their punishment .
24. 24.3 . The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress , and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater . All that is forbidden unto believers .
24. 24.4 . And those who accuse honorable women but bring not four witnesses , scourge them ( with ) eighty stripes and never ( afterward ) accept their testimony . They indeed are evildoers .
24. 24.5 . Save those who afterward repent and make amends . ( For such ) lo! Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .
24. 24.6 . As for those who accuse their wives but have no witnesses except themselves ; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies , ( swearing ) by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth ;
24. 24.7 . And yet a fifth , invoking the curse of Allah on him if he is of those who lie .
24. 24.8 . And it shall avert the punishment from her if she bear witness before Allah four times that the thing he saith is indeed false ,
24. 24.9 . And a fifth ( time ) that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he speaketh truth .
24. 24.10 . And had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy unto you , and that Allah is Clement , Wise , ( ye had been undone ) .