17.1 . Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of Worship to the Far Distant Place of Worship the neighborhood whereof We have blessed , that We might show him of Our tokens! Lo! He , only He , is the Nearer , the Seer .
17. 17.2 . We gave unto Moses the Scripture , and We appointed it a guidance for the Children of Israel , saying : Choose no guardian beside Me .
17. 17.3 . ( They were ) the seed of those whom We carried ( in the ship ) along with Noah . Lo! he was a grateful slave .
17. 17.4 . And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the scripture : Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice , and ye will become great tyrants .
17. 17.5 . So when the time for the first of the two came , We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged ( your ) country , and it was a threat performed .
17. 17.6 . Then we gave you once again your turn against them , and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more in soldiery ,
17. 17.7 . ( Saying ) : If ye do good , ye do good for your own souls , and if ye do evil , it is for them ( in like manner ) . So , when the time for the second ( of the judgments ) came ( We roused against you others of Our slaves ) to ravage you , and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time , and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting .
17. 17.8 . It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you , but if ye repeat ( the crime ) We shall repeat ( the punishment ) , and We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers .
17. 17.9 . Lo! this Quran guideth unto that which is straightest , and giveth tidings unto the believers who do good works that theirs will be a great reward .
17. 17.10 . And that those who believe not in the Hereafter , for them We have prepared a painful doom .