12.1 . Alif . Lam . Ra . These are verses of the Scripture that maketh plain .
12. 12.2 . Lo! We have revealed it , a Lecture in Arabic , that ye may understand .
12. 12.3 . We narrate unto thee ( Muhammad ) the best of narratives in that We have inspired in thee this Quran , though aforetime thou wast of the heedless .
12. 12.4 . When Joseph said unto his father : O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon , I saw them prostrating themselves unto me .
12. 12.5 . He said : O my dear son! Tell not thy brethren of thy vision . lest they plot a plot against thee . Lo! Satan is for man an open foe .
12. 12.6 . Thus thy Lord will prefer thee and will teach thee the interpretation of events , and will perfect his grace upon thee and upon the family of Jacob as he perfected it upon thy forefathers , Abraham and Isaac . Lo! thy Lord is Knower , Wise .
12. 12.7 . Verily in Joseph and his brethren are signs ( of Allah ' s Sovereignty ) for the inquiring .
12. 12.8 . When they said : Verily Joseph and his brother are dearer to our father than we are , many though we be . Lo! our father is in plain aberration .
12. 12.9 . ( One said ) : Kill Joseph or cast him to some ( other ) land , so that your father ' s favor may be all for you , and ( that ) ye may afterward be righteous folk .
12. 12.10 . One among them said : Kill not Joseph but , if ye must be doing , fling him into the depth of the pit ; some caravan will find him .