11.1 . Alif . Lam . Ra . ( This is ) a Scripture the revelations whereof are perfected and then expounded . ( It cometh ) from One Wise , Informed ,
11. 11.2 . ( Saying ) : Serve none but Allah . Lo! I am Unto you from Him a warner and a bringer of good tidings .
11. 11.3 . And ( bidding you ) : Ask pardon of your Lord and turn to Him repentant . He will cause you to enjoy a fair estate until a time appointed . He giveth His bounty unto every bountiful one . But if ye turn away , Lo! ( then ) I fear for you the retribution of an awful Day .
11. 11.4 . Unto Allah is your return , and He is able to do all things .
11. 11.5 . Lo! now they fold up their breasts that they may hide ( their thoughts ) from Him . At the very moment when they cover themselves with their clothing , Allah knoweth that which they keep hidden and that which they proclaim . Lo! He is Aware of what is in the breasts ( of men ) .
11. 11.6 . And there is not a beast in the earth but the sustenance thereof dependeth on Allah . He knoweth its habitation and its repository . All is in a clear record .
11. 11.7 . And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and His Throne was upon the water that He might try you , which of you is best in conduct . Yet if thou ( O Muhammad ) sayest : Lo! ye will be raised again after death ! those who disbelieve will surely say : This is naught but mere magic .
11. 11.8 . And if We delay for them the doom until a reckoned time , they will surely say : What withholdeth it? Verily on the day when it cometh unto them , it cannot be averted from them , and that which they derided will surround them .
11. 11.9 . And if We cause man to taste some mercy from Us and afterward withdraw it from him , lo! he is despairing , thankless .
11. 11.10 . And if We cause him to taste grace after some misfortune that had befallen him , he saith : The ills have gone from me . Lo! he is exultant , boastful ;